Saturday, August 25, 2012

Comic - Venca's

***Vecna is a classic D&D villain.Not being a major D&D lore junkie, I'm uncertain if the artifacts attributed to him came first, or the evil plots and story. I believe it was quite late in the game's early history before he appeared in an adventure, but that doesn't mean he wasn't huge in a homegame or the magazines. Vecna is most famous for his artifacts. The Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna. The cool hook behind them was that they could replace missing body parts. You can imagine them being introduced to the game after an evil DM removed a hand from a player, oinly to have it replaced with an evil magic item. Although, there is the cool dilemma of finding the item first and then having to do some self-surgery to use the artifact. Amusingly, the day after I drew this comic I ran my Ravenloft homegame, and removed a PC's eye. Fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment